Here are some things to do to troubleshoot a burn failure.
- Try a burn in 'Test Mode' first.
- Some CD drives don't work correctly with test burns, so if you have test mode selected, turn it off.
- Try a different blank CD (Make sure its not full or scratched)
- Try a blank CD from a different manufacturer.
- If you are using CD-RW discs, try CD-R discs.
- Try burning at a slower speed, especially if your CD recorder does not have 'Burn Proof'.
- Try checking the option to 'Convert To WAV First.'
- If you have more than one CD or DVD recorder, try switching to the other recorder.
- Switch between Primo or IMAPI from within Mixcraft's CD Burning preferences.
- Try burning a short sound just to verify that CD recorder can still burn and is not defective.
- Try burning with another program such as Windows Media Player to verify that your CD recorder is not defective or having some kind of system conflict.