If you click on a piano note and don't hear anything, there are a few things you can check here.
1. Are the speakers on and plugged in? (Sorry, management made us ask.)
2. Is the correct sound device configured? Select Preferences from Mixcraft's File menu and check the Sound Device settings. The Playback Device setting determines where the sound comes out.
3. Can you choose a different audio driver type such as Core Audio (WaveRT), ASIO or Wave? Go into your Preferences from the File menu and select the "Audio Device" page. Click ASIO, WaveRT or Wave. Configure the newly selected driver with the correct default output and driver.
4. Can you play an audio file through Windows or another sound application? If you can't there may be a problem with your sound card's configuration or drivers. Refer to your sound card documentation to try to figure out what is wrong.
5. Update or install your sound card's drivers. Check their website for the latest drivers and documentation.