WaveRT is a low latency audio driver that only works in Window's Vista and above.
Mixcraft 4 and above have built in support for WaveRT. Click "Preferences" from the "File" menu. Choose "Sound Device" followed by clicking "WaveRT". Click "OK" to finalize.
Mixcraft 3 WaveRT support
You'll need to use the ASIO4All drivers in order to take advantage of WaveRT. The latest ASIO4ALL drivers utilize the new Vista WaveRT real time audio drivers which boast incredibly low latencies! We are calculating around 5 milliseconds on just a standard run of the mill sound card! This means that if you are using Vista, it is highly recommended that you do the following:
- Install the latest ASIO4All from http://www.asio4all.com/ (Version 2.8 or greater.)
- Run Mixcraft 3
- Select "Preferences" from the "File" menu.
- Select the "Sound Device" section.
- Click on "ASIO"
- Select "ASIO4ALL" from the "ASIO Device" drop down
- Click "OK" You should notice amazingly low latency, especially when monitoring a recording.
To notice the effects of this low latency, try this:
- Arm a track
- Turn on monitoring
- Talk into a microphone or play your guitar.
Notice that there isn't a delay between the time you talk into your mic and the time you hear the audio.